We are seeking outstanding candidates with strong background in Probabilistic Combinatorics, in particular Random Graphs.
The successful candidate will be employed as a Universitätsassistent/in mit Doktorat (a fulltime non-tenure track Assistant Professor) for six years as a member of the Combinatorics Group (https://www.math.tugraz.at/comb/)
in the Institute of Discrete Mathematics at the Graz University of Technology, Austria.
The starting date of the appointment is 1 September 2019.
The standard teaching load is about 4 hours per semester week. Teaching experience would be desirable but not necessary.
The basic salary is specified in the Kollektivvertrag, and the salary group for Universitätsassistent/in mit Doktorat is B1
(current gross monthly salary: 3711,10 Euro, 14 times per year).
Qualifications and condition of employment:
- Qualified candidates must hold a PhD degree in mathematics or theoretical computer
science at the time of appointment
- Strong track record of research in Probabilistic Combinatorics
- Cover letter of application
- Curriculum Vitae (including the list of publications, the list of teaching, and the list of references)
- A short statement of research interests and experience
All application documents merged into a single PDF-file should be submitted by e-mail to
Technische Universität Graz
Dekan der Fakultät für Mathematik, Physik und Geodäsie
Petersgasse 16, A-8010 Graz
Please mention in the application email that you are applying for Universitätsassistent/in mit Doktorat (Kennzahl: 5050/19/004).
Application deadline: 30 April 2019
Interview: mid June 2019